Introduction to Statistics with R
Estimated cost: R5001 – R10 000
Field Of Study: Statistics
Department Name: School for Data Science and Computational Thinking
Objectives:This course offers an introduction in the application of the programming language R to statistical analysis. R is statistical software particularly powerful in data analysis and graphical representation. The following aspects of the software programme will be taught in the course:
- Introduction to the software package R and the user interface RStudio.
- R Data Structures.
- Importing and saving data in R.
- Data manipulation.
- Writing R functions.
- R base graphics and introducing the popular graphics package ggplot2.
- Basic descriptive analyses in R.
- Applied statistics in R. This will include statistical measures, statistical inference in t-tests and regression analysis; and introducing ANOVA.
Entry Requirement: Professional 4-year Bachelor’s degree /Bachelor Honours degree or Equivalent Qualification
Certificate Type: Attendance
Delivery Mode: Online
Duration: 4 weeks
Presentation Language: English
Contact Person Name: L Poole
Contact Person Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Person Phone: (021) 808 3018
Latest Year Offered: 2022